.

.

Instagram

Instagram

Friday 3 April 2015

Cycling mojo

So I have been demotivated on the bike recently and haven't wanted to go out on the bike much. This has changed over the last couple of weeks.

I don't know why,  I haven't wanted to go out on the bike. Maybe it has been the weather with the wind and rain. Or the fact that it gets dark early and then you have the rush hour traffic, when everyone is trying to get home and it just isn't safe to be out in the bike in the dark with a lot of people trying to get home after a busy day at work.

Over the last month I have found my cycling mojo back. Usually this time of year I tend to go out and do my 20 mile bike loop trying to beat my time each time. This year I have been going further doing 40 to 50 miles. I suppose with my long distance triathlon ever getting closer I need to up the miles and get as much saddle time as I can. I managed  get 65 miles the other day which took 3 1/2hours. I usually have heavy legs the next day but this time when I woke up my legs felt fine. This must be proof that the long hours training throughout the winter is paying off.

I have been out training on my TT bike and so far managed to get to get up to 40 miles without any real problems with being in a areo position for long periods of time. I have my first 10 TT race tomorrow which I'm looking forward to but also at the same time no idea what to expect. I have been hearing different rules that you have to follow such as must have a rear light on when racing and not sleeveless jerseys. I'm. Hoping that after the TT I can go out and get a few more miles done.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment