.

.

Instagram

Instagram

Sunday 1 March 2015

November Time for some FUN

So first event was the Winter Wolfrun. This was a 10km obstacle course. My good friend David 'Titch' Marshal likes to organise a bunch of us all to get together and take part in these types of events. He does a really good job organising us all and he gets loads of interest. He also owns the local sport shop in Sleaford. The guy lives and breathes sport. http://totalsportsandsupplements.co.uk/
Image result for total sports and supplements sleaford

Right enough of plugging his business, but its a very good sports shop and they go out of there way to help anyone out.
Back to the wolfrun. I think there was approx 30 of in our wolfpack and it took ages to get round the course for a 10km distance. This was however not a race it was a time to be with other like minded people who enjoyed fitness and have a laugh. I think that everyone that took part couldn't stop laughing.



Throughout November I have just been training as I have been all year and then I found out that Total Sports & Supplements were going to be hosting the first ever Sleaford fun run at the start of the Christmas market. This was to be a 3km fun run. Whilst probably having a coffee at the shop and talking to Titch we came up with the idea that I should run it backwards. 3km running backwards why would anyone want to do that. straight away we searched the internet to see if there was a world record and there was. some guy in Germany who could run it 11mins. So we thought is there a record for the someone running 3km backwards in a Santa suit. No records have been found. 
Well it came to the day of the race and another nutter runner like me were to both run it backwards dress as Santa. The other nutter of runner is Zoe Louise. We both ran it backwards and my legs were aching quite a lot afterwards purely due to the fact that I have never ran backwards before and it uses complete different muscles. It took me 20 mins to do the run backwards, which is a unofficial WORLD RECORD for running backwards in a Santa suit. Unless someone can prove otherwise.






No comments:

Post a Comment